Windsor-Essex Pride Fest is a non-profit organization incorporated in the Province of Ontario that brings together members of the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Two Spirit, Intersex and Questioning (LGBTTIQ) community, their friends, allies and supporters in celebration of the unique spirit and culture of our community by producing quality, inclusive and safe events and initiatives to celebrate. Windsor-Essex Pride Fest strengthens the sense of community and contributes to the vibrancy, health and overall well-being of persons in the LGBTTIQ of Windsor-Essex and surrounding communities.
Windsor-Essex Pride Fest Inc. is the organization behind the annual Windsor-Essex Pride Fest or “Pride Fest”, official LGBT directory “Come OUT & Play Guide”, “Juicebox” and “Fruit Punch” comedy shows, Spritz Boat Cruise, Wine Tours and approximately 10 events/initiatives throughout the year.
To grow the Windsor-Essex Pride Fest into a premier event for the community and enhance its ability to become sustainable through iniitatives and events with the goal of strengthening the sense of community and contribute to the vibrancy, health and overall well-being of persons in the LGBTTIQ of Windsor-Essex and surrounding communities.
OUR CORE VALUES
1. We believe in the value and dignity of everyone. That means we see people for who they are as a whole instead of assigning labels. In our view, how one self-identifies their own sexuality is simply one of the many countless qualities that define each and every human being. We do not concern ourselves by concentrating on things like sexuality, age, ethnicity, physical attributes, mental ability, socio-economic standing or background, social affiliation, religious beliefs or cultural background. To us, each of these things are simply ingredients in the rich tapestry of humanity. We believe that focusing on such things is to focus on a label, and that labels turn the wonderful complexity of humanity into an impersonal, one-dimensional and oversimplified stereotype, which in turn fosters segregation, ignorance, exclusion, and hate.
2. We believe in people, and the inherent good in people. We believe in encouraging people to achieve the best of their ability, no matter how far those abilities may extend.
3. We believe in our volunteers, and we know that without them we could not function. They are the heart and soul of our organization, and their involvement is really the community’s way of saying it believes in us.
4. We believe in open transparency and to always maintain the highest ethical standards. We expect the same level of ethical standards in our business dealings and refuse business with those who do not share our values.
5. We believe in smart business, and to conduct our affairs fairly, openly, transparently, and with accountability. We also believe that just because we are a non-profit that precludes finding efficiencies and maximizing profit since those profits are reinvested back into our community.
6. We believe in Windsor-Essex. We know the challenges this area faces but we can see beyond those challenges and we recognize the many good qualities this area possess, which we celebrate.
7. We believe we can showcase our region, and we work to bringing others in to see for themselves the many wonderful things about our area and its people.
For more information, please contact:
Windsor-Essex Pride Fest Inc.
440 Pelissier Street
Windsor, Ontario, N9A 4K9